Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

I think I'm happy.



I'm in my room right now. Yes i got my own personal room at the hostel this year. Even though r2 is living with me for some time, it still feels great. I love the feeling of having a place that is officially, and absolutely, Mine. So yeah, I'm in my room. My red room. That reminds me of my little red room back home. I'm having a cheese sandwich and top pops and juice. Taking a break from this really annoying assignment from college. But i feel good. Because well. I do.

You know what i love about my room? I'll tell you what. Well. My room's balcony faces the servant quarters of the hostel. And i love how noisy it is. It keeps me connected to the outer world. I love how it reminds me of my childhood. And older times. The kids play outside from 7 in the morning till after dark. They play hide and seek and esp the part where they go 1.......2......3......4...5678910! makes me smile. Because we used to do that too. Also they're listening to cricket on the radio right now. And i can hear every thing. It's a pleasant change from all the facebook minute per minute status updates and hashtags. Sometimes they have weddings and the music goes on till 3 in the morning. But i don't mind it. I'm used to it. All the noise.

Yesterday i went to visit N in her uni. While on the way, i don't know why, but for maybe the first time ever, I looked at this city like yeah, this is where i live. Its been more than 3 years, but I've always looked at this place like an outsider who's only here temporarily, even thought i know I've left home for good.But yesterday it was different. Yesterday I could suddenly see this place like i used to see home. The roads and the buildings and the people. This new perspective, it came and went. It stayed if i really put my mind to it. Sort of like an illusion. Anyway.

So yeah i met N. She was busy so it was a short visit. But it was short, and sweet. And the weather was amazing. We had fries and bad grainy ice cream. And we talked. It was good. Then i left.

I think I am happy. (:



2 comments:

Cybil A. said...

Congrats for your own room at hostel. It feels so great to own some space...like just last month i bought an almari. I know its kinda funny that i used to share wardrobe with mum, but yeah, to finally own one myself was a good feeling.

Unknown said...

Hi! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!