Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On dreams.

I've been having the weirdest dreams lately. I mean, my dreams are almost always weird, verging on bizarre, but these dreams, the ones I've been having lately are a different kind of weird. They're long. And twisted. And so complicated. And. It's like. My brain picks out all kinds of dormant shit from years ago, stuff i don't even remember, or stuff lying so deep in my sub conscience that i don't even know it's there, mixes it all up, tops it up with some of my latest thoughts and experiences, tosses it upside down once again just for kicks, and presents it to me while I'm sleeping. I mean, it's really something.

Like, the other day, I laughed in my dream again. The next day, i had the shittiest dreams, in the middle of which, i had a flying dream. And flying dreams are always so real and awesome and exhilarating. But it felt so out of place. Because, well, it felt out of place. And then there was the ugly snake dream. It was like one of them huge ass snakes from the Anaconda movie. Idiotic movie btw. But it was like that. Ick.

And last night. Last night was shit. I woke up, and my mind almost felt exhausted. I felt like I'd been dreaming all night. There was an army psychoanalyst and weird experiments and long  discussions that I didn't even understand, and a friend that i haven't spoken to in more than a year, and my old school and whatnot. I tried to write it down but i didn't know where to start and how to put it in words. And all my dreams are like that these days. Random twisted video clips joined together to form an exhaustively long and nonsensical movie.

I'm going to start reading The interpretation of dreams. Let's see what Freud has to say. I love my dreams, but I never think much about what they might mean. Who knows, right? But since I'm so interested in the subject, I'm going to read it anyway.

Ah whatever.

I'm going to go to the terrace for a walk. I am in love with the sky. It's crazy beautiful.

1 comment:

Momina said...

Seems like your dreams are tossing your life event like a salad!

Good luck with them!