Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Nd.

He's my cousin. More than a brother. A friend and a gaurdian to me. He's the kind of person who changes people's lives in important ways. You might not talk to him for days and he might refuse to write more than two words in his texts but he will be there to say all the right words and do all the right things when you need it the most. He's the biggest narcissist you'll ever meet with ego the size of Russia. But he's kind and caring and will offer to make you banana bread whenever you feel like it. He acts a little self serving at times and will not care for your plans if they're clashing with his. But he will also pick you up from one end of the city and drop you to the other even if it makes him late for work.

He pampers me and fights with me and listens to all my crazy ideas even if all he has to say at the end is shutup. He listens to my dreams. And insists that his opinions are facts and superior to mine. He buys me books. And Fruit roll ups. And gives me Eidi. And offers me a plate full of his favourite cake. He calls me his successor. And is the only guy apart from my dad who I don't mind getting a hug from.

He's the kind of person who makes you feel good about yourself but will also call you out if you're doing something wrong. He makes you want to depend on him. And he does it for everyone he cares about. He gets things done. And hardly ever says no. You tell him about this constellation you know about and he will stop the car on the road at 3 a.m so you can look for it in the winter sky. He is also a bully. But you tend to forgive him for it somehow. We are all flawed aren't we?

Not many people inspire me but he sure does. He makes me want to be a better person. I want to be the kind of person who brings you pizza, coffee and candy the night before your exam. Who leaves a mark with you. Who you know you can turn to, even if you never do.

It's his birthday today and since I could never say all these nice things to his face, I thought I'd write them down here.

Just for the record yknow.

4 comments:

SaJ said...

Awww.
Awwwwww.

Zee Zoo said...

That's cute. He seems such a nice guy. You're lucky to him a guy like him in your life.

P.S. Why cant you tell him all this?? I mean he is your friend after all. right? Just wondering

Laterally Moved. said...

Very, very sweet. And well written.

The Me. said...

I know right? (:

zeezoo: Hahah. I could neverrrr. Thats just the way I am. :/