Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Canon.

My body needs to crash.  Brain too. It's about time. Too much exhaustion. Stress overload. Endless stores of endogenous caffeine. Nail biting. And saying no to food. There's more to come but at least im done with today. The beginning is always the hardest. I'm not talking about anything deep or philosophical. Im just having exams. Today was the first and it went alright. Could've done better but there wasn't time. So whatever.

I've been losing faith in myself lately but its getting better now. A friend texted me the other day to ask for help/advice/listentoherrant. I did not expect this person to turn to me of all people. I was a little flattered. But i made her feel better. And that made me feel so good. And warm. And strong. There's nothing better than to be able to reach out to someone and actually help them or give them what they need. To be able to make a difference. I love it.

I watched Pretty woman again last night. Richard gere. In that movie. What perfection. I mean. Seriously. With his twinkly eyes and shit. So cute. I love that movie. I also watched Devils wears Prada. Sort of a guilty pleasure.  I always enjoy that movie. I watched Waar too. I rated it 6.5. Or 6. Out of which 1-2 points are just for the effort.

I found this poem called Two Flies by Charles Bukowski the other day.  Online somewhere. Now I'm not into poetry or anything but this was so funny. Or. Amusing. Or just. Refreshingly simple and crazy maybe? I don't know haha. I read a couple of others and they're all really just. Raw. Citrus. Simple. And insane. All at the same time. But I don't know anything about poetry. Except that sometimes certain phrases or expressions make me feel something. And I enjoy that.

To push harder or give in/give up/let go? Where do you draw the line. I think that is the question we all need to think about.

Oh and as for the title of the post. I had a dream about a fruit. It was fresh and green. The size of a golf ball. Had a lot of seeds. It's juice was good for diet. And it was called Canon. So there you go.

Bye bye now.

4 comments:

Cybil A. said...

I always watch The Devil Wears Prada whenever I feel down, and it instantly lifts up my spirits!
You will do good in your exams inshallah. Just try to stay positive and don't lose faith in yourself :)

Furree Katt said...

Pretty Woman is all kinds of awesome. I haven't seen Waar! But everyone's talking about itttt!

I wish I could have a cool fruit-dream like yours.

Red Handed said...

Pretty woman and Devil wears Prada are such Home alone therapy movies! and btw canon was an epic idea for a fruit. Sounded like a Kiwi? Btw ai understand all that...but y wud anyone say no to food. :(

Ridx said...

I am going to see pretty woman now and Waaar too! I have watched devil wears prada and its awesome. makes me wanna buy all the branded stuff.

Woah and you have seriously amusing dreams.

AND EXAMS! I am going through the same torture. although I told myself I am not going to blog or anything before my SAT, tonight I wasn't able to resist and ended here and on all the awesome blogs. and even wrote a little note on my blog for all my friends here. :D

Guilty pleasure. LOL. All the best for your exams. I hope you do great and wish me luck too!