Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

We are young.

There's something about this song.

 Its a stupid song. Yet. There's something about it, at 3 a.m in the morning. When you've just swallowed a mug of poisonous hot coffee, in late May, trying to memorize the muscles of the tongue for a viva in the morning that you have no prep whatsoever for. After you've had Naan samosa, and a ten minute scolding from your mom later over the phone for not eating proper khana.

Tonight,
We are young,
So let's set the world on fire, 
so we can burn brighter,
than the sun.
Its a stupid song. Yet. Something about that chorus. Makes you want to sing it at the top of your lungs.  When you're around your People. When you go crazy with them. When you go reckless with them. When you laugh with them, after so long, and so hard, that your jaws, stomach, and head hurts. When you go out to have breakfast at McDonald's and watch the sun rise on your way. When you don't care about what/when you eat or sleep. All you care about it having a good time, with your people. Because after those few couple of days, precious days, you're going to go back on autopilot. For everyday of every week that's ahead of you.

I guess that I
I just thought maybe we could find new ways to fall apart
But our friends are back
So let's raise a cup
Cause I found someone to carry me home
This does not mean that I like this song. Maybe it does. Or maybe, it's just the poisonous coffee, or the muscles of the tongue, or the fact that this song made, for a moment, my very important viva look trivial to me as compared to writing in my blog, which, right now, seems like the most important thing to do.

Its a stupid song nonetheless.


7 comments:

Mystical said...

I only heard it once so I don't remember what the chorus sounds like. I didn't care for the song either, so high-five.

Ally said...

This song has become my pet peeve, because it is on the radio every time you turn it on lol. EVERY TIME.

Laterally Moved. said...

The only part I like is when he says "And my friends are getting higher than the Empire State". Sweet analogy. :P

BFF said...

Yes, its stupid
But the chorus makes me want to fly :)

Rem. said...

Life is crazy huh?
Never thought much of the song..
Though I wish I liked Mc.D's food as much as I did few years back..now it just tastes bland.. even with super covering of pepper and salt. Still. Bland. :|

nb said...

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad it make you want to blog! Do it.

The Me. said...

why have I stopped replying to my comments?